Wasn’t last weekend just delightful! When recounting the activities I had engaged in over the long weekend someone pointed out to me that most of them seemed to revolve around food. I can assure you that isn’t true. My activities don’t revolve around food it is just that food accompanies all of my activities. Saturday saw the grand final which meant that layered nacho dip was the order of the day with champagne, the drink of choice in victory or defeat. Go swans!
Sunday saw a visit to the Opera house followed by a wagyu beef burger and cocktails. So you see it is not that I only do food related activities, rather that all activities are simply better when accompanied by food.
I went to bed on Monday night after the cheese and olive platter I had indulged in for dinner, feeling like my gluttonous weekend had finally caught up with me. After such an indulgent weekend one feels that they should subsist on carrot sticks and fruit to make up for the excesses. I turned those very things in to a muffin, so I don’t feel like I am denying myself at all. Instead it is like a mini moist carrot cake with none of the guilt and all of the flavour.
Carrot and Pineapple Wholemeal Muffins
Makes 12 mini muffins
Adapted from Best Recipes
- ¾ cup of plain wholemeal flour
- ¼ cup of plain white flour
- ½ tsp of bicarbonate soda
- 1 tsp of baking pwder
- 2/3 cup of brown sugar
- 1 large carrot grated
- ¾ cup of crushed pineapple drained
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp of rice bran/ other neutral tasting oil
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of mixed spice
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees
2. Put flours and sugar in a bowl and mix to combine
3. Add the carrots pineapple and spice to bowl and mix to combine
4. Make a well in the centre and put oil and both eggs in the well and then mix until just combined
5. Spoon into patty cases and bake in the oven for 180 degrees for 10 mins.